These no-bake vegan cheesecake bites are so rich and creamy! The luscious dairy-free cream cheese filling sweetened with strawberry and is packaged perfectly in a chocolate shell. This simple dessert takes 15 minutes to throw together. I used three basic ingredients, and one of those are completely optional. Not only are these cheesecake bites dairy-free but also gluten-free! These can be made Keto with the tips below!
- These dairy-free cheesecake bites are the quickest cheesecake desserts to makes! The prep time comes in under 15 minutes!
- The creamy cheesecake filling is made with one ingredient! Yes, just one!
- So rich and luscious you’ll want to share these with everyone.
- Hard chocolate shell instead of a crust makes these gluten-free!
- These are keto-friendly! Use unsweetened chocolate chips and plain almond cream cheese. Add keto sweetener to the cream cheese and you’re done!
How are these lazy?
Well, how does two ingredients minimum make you feel? Does it make you feel like you’re
Because we’re skipping out on making a crust we’re practically not making anything at all. At this point, we’re merely just assembling two epic ingredients that stand tall on their own. Chocolate + Strawberry Cream Cheese!
If you don’t have some fancy fruit flavored dairy-free cream cheese buy whatever vegan cream cheese is your favorite. A little powdered sugar in your plain vegan cream cheese is a failproof solution to making a cheesecake
This recipe takes less than 15 minutes of prep time. Well more like 5 minutes here and another 5 minutes there. Most of the work happens in the fridge.
Why these vegan cheesecake bites are so good
Creamy desserts are just the best! The smooth, luscious dairy-free cream cheese filling is flawless. The chocolate shell takes this to another level. Not only are the flavors so rich and decedent the recipe is super easy!
Here’s a simple way to enjoy the pleasure of sweet, creamy cheesecake without baking, blending or even a food processor. This is cheesecake without the fuss!
Where to buy vegan cream cheese?
I’ve seen vegan cream cheese at almost every store. The trick with making a great vegan cheesecake filling is finding a vegan cream cheese brand that you like. Dairy-free cream cheese flavors vary dramatically by brand.
I’m going to put myself out there and name my favorites. Diaya brand had rocked my world. Since I have a soy allergy, I was so pumped to give Diaya a try. To my surprise, I found them damn good! I’ve used
When filming this video, all of my usual places to buy vegan cream cheese were out of my trusted brands. I grabbed a new brand of strawberry vegan cream cheese but the taste was a bit disappointing. It tasted just like strawberry yogurt which is NOT a luscious dessert. Yogurt is fantastic but will never be cheesecake. All this is to say, find a brand that rocks your world.
Daiya, like a few other brands, sells strawberry flavored cream cheese. You absolutely can use plain dairy-free cream cheeses and not worry about finding a strawberry flavored option. Just mix plain cream cheese with powdered sugar. Bam, you’re cheesecake filling is ready.
How to make vegan cheesecake bites
- Melt 5 ounces of chocolate chips with 1.5 teaspoons of coconut oil (oil is optional)
- Pour melted chocolate into a silicone mold and use a butter knife spread the chocolate evenly.
- Chill mold in the fridge until chocolate hardens.
- Put sweetened dairy-free cream cheese into a piping bag.
- Fill mold with cheesecake filling and cover with more melted chocolate.
- Place back in the fridge til chocolate is 100% hardened.
Add a twist to make these your own
- You can add different flavored extract to the cheesecake filling. Lemon, orange or almond extract would be pretty rad.
- Before the chocolate hardens top the bites with dried fruit or chopped nuts.
- You can add fresh raspberries to the center of each cheesecake bite.
- Put a dap of strawberry jam at the bottom before adding in the cheesecake filling.
- Use different molds. A cheesecake filled chocolate bar sounds divine!!!
Need more recipes
- Vegan Oreo Cheesecake Bars – No Bake!
- 3 Vegan
- 3 Vegan Fall No Bake Desserts – Holiday
- 1 container of strawberry dairy-free cream cheese (or plain flavored mixed with powdered sugar)
- 5 ounces chocolate chips (or more depending on your mold size)
- 1.5 teaspoon coconut oil (optional)
- silicone mold
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave with coconut. I stop the microwave every 15 seconds and stir the mixture. Do not overheat! If not using oil heat chocolate very carefully in the microwave or better yet use a double boiler.
- Pour melted chocolate into your mold. Tilt the mold to try to coat all sides of the mold. Use a butter knife or spoon to coat the mold evenly.
- Place mold in the fridge till the chocolate has hardened.
- Put sweetened dairy-free cream cheese in a piping bag.
- Pipe the cheesecake filling into the mold and cover with melted chocolate.
- Place back in the fridge til chocolate has completely hardened.
These vegan cheesecake bites can be made keto! Use unsweetened chocolate chips for the outer shell. The cheesecake filling can be made by mixing plain almond cream cheese with keto sweetener.
You may need more or less chocolate depending on the size of your mod.
I highly recommend silicone molds. In the video, I used a medium-sized mold. Plastic molds would work but they tend to be shallow, and you wouldn’t get much filling inside. Go big or go home!
You’ll need a mold for this to hold their shape. I have plenty of no-bake vegan cheesecake recipes on the blog (linked above). If you need a recipe that doesn’t require a mold, use one of those recipes, cut cheesecake into bite-sized pieces then dip into chocolate. Or pour chocolate over bite-sized pieces.
You can get away with not adding coconut oil to the melted chocolate. Coconut oil will thin the melted chocolate out and make it smoother and easier to work with. But it will also melt the chocolate in your hand while eating.
Melting chocolate without extra oil is best done with a double boiler. You can use the microwave but stir often and heat very slowly! Do not burn melted chocolate by overheating it.
The easiest vegan cheesecake filling in the world is mixing your favorite plain dairy-free cream cheese with powdered sugar to taste. You don’t need to
Make sure chocolate has hardened entirely before removing from mold.
These will last 5 days in the fridge.