After making a ton of Vegan Keto recipes I was pumped to get a request for more High Carb Low Fat recipes. I was so inspired to make these low fat recipes. Dude just look at that No-Avocado Toast below!
All of these recipes are fat free… well kinda. I used no oil, no nuts, not seeds, no avocado, nothing creamy! But there is tiny amounts of fat in the bread, tortillas and almond milk. I’m talking a gram or two of fat in those store bought products.
- High Carb
- Low Free
- Oil Free
- Nut Free
- Seed Free
- Avocado Free
Vegan No-Avocado Toast – Fat Free
Dude looks like guacamole! It’s made of peas. Sounds gaarrrrrooossss! But it’s actually pretty decent. Try it 🙂
3 cups frozen peas thawed (450g), 1 lime juice, salt, cilantro, raw onions
- Process thawed peas til smooth in food processor with lime juice
- Add salt, cilantro and diced onions. Pulse a few times to distribute flavors but don’t over blend.
- Taste and see if you need more lime, salt, cilantro or onions. Spread on toast! ENJOY
Vegan Jackfruit Burrito
I bought store packaged BBQ jackfruit. Feel free to buy canned jackfruit and mix it with BBQ sauce. Easy.
2 large flour tortillas, BBQ jackfruit, 2 servings of rice, no-avocado guacamole (recipe above)
- Fill tortilla with rice, microwaved BBQ jackfruit and no-avocado guacamole. Roll and secure with foil. ENJOY
Vegan Grilled Cheese – Nut Free!
While this grilled cheese isn’t constructed like a regular grilled cheese. Here we make a gooey cheese sauce and slather it on toast. This vegan nut free cheese recipe make a lot! I did use almond milk but any liquid (water or oat milk) would get the job done.
Tapioca starch is what makes this cheese stretchy. You can use a different thickener and it will be good. It just won’t stretch.
1/2 cup canned white beans, 1 cup dairy free milk, 5 TB nutritional yeast, 1/2 ts salt, 3.5 TB tapioca starch + toast
- Blend ingredients til smooth
- Simmer blended ingredient until mixture is thick and gooey. If too thick mix in more dairy free milk.
- Spread on toast. ENJOY
Vegan High Carb Enchiladas
I stuffed these with rice but feel free to use any filling you’d like. You can add roasted veggies, beans or sauteed mushrooms.
tortillas, 1 serving a cooked rice for every tortilla, lime juice, salt, cilantro, enchilada sauce, nut free cheese (recipe above), no-avocado guacamole (recipe above)
- Mix rice with lime juice, salt and chopped cilantro to taste
- Fill tortillas with rice and place seam side down on a baking sheet
- Cover with enchilada sauce and nut free cheese sauce
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes
- Top with no-avocado guacamole