Two of these three are vegan burger recipes are gluten free. My favorite is the mushroom burger recipe. I’ve never had a veggie burger so meaty and juicy! And the flavors were so rich I almost couldn’t take it. That recipe isn’t gluten free but don’t feel left out!
Not only are there two gluten free recipes below but Mark thought the gluten-filled mushroom burger was his least favorite of the three. Very confusing.
I did bake all of these though you could just cook them in a skillet. Since I had dozens of cooked burgers on hand I put the leftovers in the freezer. I reheated the cooked but frozen burgers easily.
I microwaved the mushroom burger and it was perfect. I also grilled a couple mushroom burgers on the Foreman with foil (because I’m trying to avoid dishes). They stuck to the foil which as lame. I air fried the other two burgers from frozen and they were crispy within 10 minutes 🙂
How to melt vegan cheese? Microwave it on top of your burger! I used Follow Your Heart American Vegan Cheese in the video/pictures. Dude it’s my new favorite!
- Vegan Cheeseburger!
- Meal Prep Friendly
- Freezer Friendly
- Gluten Free
- Egg Free
- Dairy Free
BEST VEGGIE BURGER!!! – Vegan Mushroom Burger
This was sooo good. Best veggie burger I’ve ever had. As I mentioned above this was Mark’s least favorite of the three. How is that even possible?!
1.5 lb mushrooms, 1/3 cup sauteed onion and bell pepper (I used oil & salt), 1/2 cup cooked rice (used brown), 1.5 cup vital wheat gluten flour, 2 TB soy sauce, 2 TB BBQ sauce, 2 ts better than bouillon (any flavor), 1 TB oil, 2 ts vegan worcestershire, 1/2 ts liquid smoke, 1 ts salt
- Process mushrooms into batches. I chopped mine super fine but not to the point of being mushy.
- Add everything to a bowl and mix for 3-4 minutes
- Form patties and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes (flip half way through). Cook until patties feel firm which actually took mine baking 55 minutes instead of the recommended 20 minutes.
Inspired by Cheeky Chickpea
Vegan Black Bean & Sweet Potato Burger (Gluten Free)
These were so flavorful and easy to make! By the way, you can microwave sweet potatoes which will speed up this recipe. I microwaved (sweet) potatoes for about 10 minutes and flip them about halfway through. I push a toothpick though the widest part. If it’s not totally soft I’ll microwave for a few minutes more.
2 cans black beans (drained & rinsed), 1/3 cup cooked sweet potato, 1 cup sauteed onion and bell pepper (I use oil & salt), 1/2 cup oat flour, 1 TB vegan worcerstershire, 2 TB ketchup, salt
- Bake the beans to dry them out. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Put everything in the food processor and processes til everything’s mashed and mixed together.
- Form into patties and bake at 350 for 20 minutes (flip halfway through). ENJOY
Inspired by Sally Baking Addiction
Vegan Rice & Bean Burgers (Gluten Free)
Dude these were so wholesome! If you don’t own oat flour you can pulse oatmeal in your food processor. It doesn’t have to be as fine as flour.
1 can black beans (drained & rinsed), 2 cup cooked sweet potato, 1/2 cup sauteed onion and bell pepper (I used oil & salt), 1/2 oat flour, 1.5 cup cooked brown rice, 2 TB nutritional yeast, 1 ts salt, 1/2 ts liquid smoke (optional), 1 TB maple syrup (optional)
- Mash half the beans really well then mash the rest of the beans a bit more roughly for texture
- Mix everything in a bowl together and bake at 375 for 40 minutes (flip half way through). ENJOY
Inspired by Maddie Lymburner