This post was sponsored by Toshiba Microwave & Convection Oven
I honestly think microwave desserts can be tricky. Using a microwave for dessert hacks you may think what could go wrong?! It could be because I’m using vegan ingredients. Or it could be the unique nature of sugar. If you’ve ever made candy then you know that the temperature of boiling sugar 100% matters. A couple degrees off can completely take the final product from soft caramel to thick caramel to a rock hard substance. Sugar is not playin’ around.
Every microwave is different. I’m the worst when it comes to delicate recipes so I’m pretty sure I have for you 3 of the easiest microwave desserts. I’ve had 2 failed recipes while filming this video including a seemingly straightforward vegan microwave caramel that almost came out. I’m so tempted to try that one again, it was so close! If you guys like microwave desserts then I might have to make it happen.
MICROWAVE TIP: When heating cooked food up in the microwave it’s only in there a minute or two so using a regular glass bowl is fine. When cooking in the microwave I can not praise silicone bowls enough. Glass will get super hot to the touch. I’m talking molten lava. Silicone bowls feel so safe like they’re not about to explode and are cool to the touch.
*While the silicone bowl is safe to touch if you cup the bowl by the bottom all of the heat from the food will transfer through and potentially burn you. Just hold it from the top and you won’t feel a thing!
- easy desserts
- few ingredients
- dairy free
- egg free
- gluten free
If you’re in the market for a microwave I highly recommend this
Toshiba EC042A5C-BS Microwave Oven with Convection for a couple reasons.
#1 it has a convection oven so you can bake a pizza in it or crispy fries! I still need to try that feature.
#2 the 1-touch feature has catapulted us into the 21 century. When I go to make tea I press the 3 button and it automatically heats my water up for 3 minutes. When I go to reheat my meal prep I hit the 2 button and it instantly starts cooking for 2 minutes. (seriously the most luxurious microwave I’ve ever used!)
#3 ceramic-enamel hardware making it high scratch resistant
#4 the enamel cooking space is 99.9% anti bacterial
#5 super easy to clean!
- Use microwave or convection cooking all in one appliance
- Sensor cooking and reheating functions. Rated Voltage : 120V – 60Hz
- Auto menu for roasting, baking, defrosting
- Black Stainless Steel exterior
- 21.8 x 21.5 x 13.0 inch(W*D*H), large 1.5 cubic feet capacity, cavity 15.5*15.35*10.2 inch(W*D*H), turn table 13.6 inch(Diameter)
- Stainless steel easy to clean interior
Vegan Microwave Praline Pecan
Dude this was everything I love about desserts. I’m completely floored. I’m the person who will eat a spoonful of frosting. This was total frosting vibes but don’t quote me because I’m a weirdo and don’t expect anyone else to experience that. I was getting nervous about how much my mixture was bubbling up in the microwave so I did cook it less than the recipe suggested. These did come out a bit gritty which may have been the under cooking aspect. I’m not sure. Gritty or not these were total crack and I had not expected it! SO FLIPPING GOOD!
1.5 cup brown sugar, 2/3 cup coconut cream (chill 1 or 2 cans of coconut milk. Drain away the coconut water and only use the hard chilled cream that floats to the top), 3 TB vegan butter, 1.5 cup pecans, 1 ts vanilla
- Mix everything together expect the pecans & vanilla
- Microwave for 3 minutes and stir. Microwave for 6 more minutes or until food is 240 degrees if you have a food thermometer. (again I didn’t cook mine the total time)
- Carefully stir in pecans and vanilla. Carefully spoon onto parchment papers and chill in fridge. ENJOY
Inspired by Thrifty Jinxy
Vegan Microwave Cinnamon French Toast Fudge – 3 ingredients!
The sweet vanilla flavor from the vegan white chocolate mixed with cinnamon is unreal! It totally reminded me of french vanilla meets cinnamon french toast.
Definitely the easiest recipe on the planet though the ingredients will likely need to be purchased online. I find vegan white chocolate the cheapest on ebay though you can find them on amazon and vegan snack websites. I usually buy a 4 pack and just keep it on hand for random times. The sweetened condensed coconut milk I can find at whole foods and might also be at natural grocers. Amazon is another great place to find it.
11oz vegan white chocolate chips (3.5 cups), 14oz sweetened condensed coconut milk (you’ll need part of a second can), 1 ts cinnamon
- Put everything minus the cinnamon in a bowl and microwave 30 second then stir. Microwave 30 more seconds and stir again. Continue until completely melted but don’t over cook it!
- Mix in cinnamon and pour into a container. Chill in fridge til solid. ENJOY
Inspired by Wonky Wonderful
Vegan Puppy Chow – 5 Minute Recipe!
I made this on the blog for friendsgiving in 2017. Dude those somewhat crunchy bites of chocolate and powdered sugar are addicting to eat! This recipe gives me an excuse to buy fancy candy from the health food store. Unlike the other two recipes which require chilling before eating this treat is ready within minutes.
2.5 cup chex cereal (80g), 3/4 cup chocolate chips (138g), 1/2 TB oil, 3/4 cup powdered sugar + vegan candy
- Melt chocolate chips with oil in microwave in 15 second bursts. Mix every 15 seconds and don’t over heat!
- Mix cereal into melted chocolate. Add powdered sugar to a gallon zip lock bag then the chocolate cereal and shake well.
- Pour into a bowl and top with candy. ENJOY