Just looking at a cream filled stuffed cookie gets me excited for life! I wanted to make these vegan cookie sandwiches simply for the joy of looking at them. Not a strange thing to say at all.
As I’ve mentioned a million times here on the blog I’m not a great baker. I cling to the notation that a disclaimer is required when I post about baked desserts.
I didn’t want to make a massive batch of cookies so feel free to double or triple the recipe. I had tons of left over cream cheese filling. You’re welcome cut the filling recipe in half. Or top each cookie with filling and eat them open faced! All good options.
If you’re living a sugar filled life feel free to make these recipes with regular sugar instead of the sugar free options I’ve used here.
- Egg Free
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Sugar Free & Low Carb
- Paleo & Keto Friendly
- Easy to Throw Together
- Just a Handful of Ingredients
Vegan Keto Avocado Chocolate Chip Cookie – Double Chocolate
These were soooo easy to make and by far my favorite of the three! These flourless avocado cookies we’re just so good. Dude these tasted like fudge brownie cookies with chocolate mousse filling. DIVINE!
COOKIE: 1 ripe avocado (large), 1/4 cup sugar free syrup (I used Lakanto maple flavored syrup), 1.5 TB flax meal, 3 TB water, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/2 cup cocoa powder + sugar free chocolate chips
FILLING: 1 ripe avocado (large), 2 TB keto sweetener (I used powdered swerve), 2 TB cocoa powder
- Mix 1.5 TB flax meal with 3 TB water and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Blend all the cookie ingredients in a food processor except chocolate chips. Be sure to add the flax gel to the food processor.
- Spread cookie batter into cookie shapes. These doesn’t spread so however you put them in the over is how they’ll come out. Top with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Let them completely cool.
- Blend filling ingredients in food processor til smooth. Pipe into cooled cookies. ENJOY
Inspired by Eat Drink Shrink
Vegan Keto Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwich
These are so easy to throw together! THREE ingredient cookies!!!! I hope you’re feeling my excitement through the screen 🙂
The original cookie recipe called for 3 TB coconut flour but my cookie batter was so thin and watery I ended up add 4 additional TB of coconut flour. I’m not sure if that was because my peanut butter was super thin. I probably could have gotten away with using less coconut flour but this recipe was super forgiving.
COOKIE: 3/4 cup peanut butter, 4 TB sugar free syrup (I used Lakanto maple flavored), 3 TB coconut flour (+ additional if needed, I used 7 TB total)
FILLING: almond cream cheese (I used Kite Hill), 2 TB sugar free sweetener (I used powdered swerve), 2 TB peanut butter
- Mix all the cookie ingredients together. If cookie dough is too liquid add more coconut flour.
- Add each pieces of cookie dough to a baking sheet. Press down with a fork.
- Bake at 350 for 12 minutes then let cool completely
- With a fork cream the sweetener and peanut butter with almond cream cheese. Pipe into cooled cookies. ENJOY
Inspired by Vince Lia
Vegan Keto Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Cookie Sandwich
These were inspired by two recipes on my blog including the dough from my Vegan Keto Cinnamon Toast Cereal post.
Now when I made the keto cereal dough I took some of it and baked a cookie with it. It was the best cookie. So fluffy and perfect! This batch didn’t come out like that at all. there were two things I did differently. #1 the stove we have in the place we live now just doesn’t not bake things as beautifully. Nothing comes out the same since we’ve moved. #2 I didn’t let the dough rest like i did the first time. Below I’m going to recommend the extra steps of chilling the dough. Just know that I didn’t do that with this batch.
If you’re not Gluten Free & Eat SUGAR then I recommend this regular Vegan Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Filled Cookie Recipe. I can not stress how pillowy and soft that recipe is. This keto recipe didn’t come out quite as nice.
COOKIE: 60g almond flour (more or less), 1/8 ts xanthan gum (I found a cheap bag in the bulk section of natural grocer), 1/8 ts baking soda, 1/2 ts cinnamon, 20g vegan butter, 24g swerve (I got confectioner), 1 ts vegan egg powder (follow your heart) + 2 TB cold water
COOKIE DUST: 1/2 TB xylitol, 1/2 ts cinnamon
FILLING: container almond cream cheese (I used kite hill), 2 TB sweetener (I used powdered swerve), 1/2 ts cinnamon
- Mix almond flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and cinnamon together
- In a new bowl cream room temp vegan butter with swerve. *I used a fork. I also used a hot bowl over my cold vegan butter for about a minute to soften the vegan butter.
- Prepare vegan egg by mixing powder with cold water. Add vegan egg to creamed vegan butter. Mix together.
- Add almond flour mix to the butter/egg mixture. If too wet add a little more almond flour.
- Once mixed wrap dough in cling wrap and chill in fridge for at least an hour
- Divide dough into each pieces and roll in cookie dust. I used a cookie scoop.
- Press cookies into desired shapes, these don’t spread.
- Freeze dough for 10 minutes then bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Cream filling ingredients together with a fork and pipe onto cookies. ENJOY
Inspired by Gnom-Gnom