Anyone else have a bag of chia seeds that you don’t know what to do with? Dude these are 3 great sweet treats that put your chia seeds to use!
- Gluten Free
- Simple & Easy
- Kid Friendly
- Dessert or Breakfast!
Chia Oatmeal Cookies
I couldn’t stop eating these. They’re a good mix of hippie and pastry. Not too refined and not too earthy. I’m into it. Plus I always need a more luxurious way to eat oats. Cookies are the way 🙂
Makes about 16 cookies using a scoop
1.5 TB chia seeds (18g), 1/4 cup almond milk, 2 bananas, 3/4 cup oatmeal (80g), cinnamon, 1/4 cup coconut flakes (18g), 1 oz raisins (little box), 1/4 cup chocolate chips (50g, I used mini enjoy life), 1 TB almond butter
- Mix chia seeds with almond milk. Set aside for 10 minutes to gel up.
- Mash bananas then mix everything together
- Scoop and flatten cookie batter on a baking sheet
- Bake 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes then allow to cool. ENJOY
Inspired by Eating Bird Food
Chia Snickers Pudding
After I made this recipe I then bought a handful of little glass jars. While you could eat this as a 16oz serving (as shown in the picture) splitting this into 2 or 3 little jars would be better. I’m always surprised by how filling chia pudding is. By the way, the 2 ingredient caramel sauce is amazzzzzzing.
Pudding: 6 TB chia seeds (70g), 3 TB cocoa powder (15g), 1.5 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 3 TB maple syrup (or agave, 66g), salt
Caramel Topping: 2 TB almond butter, 2 TB agave or maple syrup + garnish with nuts & chocolate chunks
- Mix pudding ingredients together. Chill in fridge for a minimum of 3 hours or overnight. Mix a couple times while it sits and gels up.
- Mix caramel ingredients together. Microwave if needed to mix smoothly. It will thicken again once cooled. Top with nuts & chocolate chunks. ENJOY
Inspired by Crazy Vegan Kitchen
Chocolate Chia Seed Granola Bars (No-Bake)
So good! They were a bit crumbly straight from the freezer but were perfect after sitting in the fridge overnight. I’m going to be real with you. These are pretty much no-bake cookies in granola form with added chia seeded. Dude this is my crack! I know nothing that tastes better than this!
1.5 cup dry oatmeal (1650g), 1/4 cup coconut flakes (15g), 1/4 cup cocoa powder (15g), 1/4 cup chia seed (45g), 1/4 cup almond butter (65g), 1/4 cup coconut oil (60g), 1/4 cup agave (80g)
- Mix dry ingredients together
- Soften wet & oily ingredients
- Mix wet and dry together
- Pack mixture into a pan and chill in freezer til solid then cut into pieces. ENJOY
Inspired by Running on Real Food