Butternut squash I LOVE YOU! Butternut squash is speaking right to my High Volume Low Calorie heart! The soup recipe is whole30 friendly. If you use gluten free pasta then all of these recipe are gluten free. Butternut squash is also amazing because it’s a mountain of food for so cheap. Less than $1 for a pound a food! I made these three recipes from 1 squash!! I need more asap.
Vegan Butternut Squash Fritters – Gluten Free
So good! And I air fried the leftovers the next day. Dude both Mark and I thought they tasted like potatoes. That must have been the bean flour I used. I have besan flour from the Indian store that was just taken up space. Good choice and high in protein. You can use whatever flour you have. The main thing is the more flour you use the crispier the fitters will come out. I cooked mine in a skillet. Feel free to bake. My guess is 375 degrees in the oven for 15 minutes each side? Try that but keep an eye on them. The photo doesn’t disclose that I ate these with ketchup.
1/3 of peeled butternut squash grated (450g), 2 TB flax meal (15g) with 5 TB water (2.5 oz), spices & salt (I used tried joe’s onion salt), 1 cup flour (about 100g, besan flour) + oil
- Mix flax meal with water and let gel up (about 15 minutes)
- Mix everything together
- If too dry add tiny amounts of water, if too wet add more flour
- Cook in a skillet with oil. Cook each side about 3-4 minutes or until golden. ENJOY
Inspired by Dash of Meg Nut
Vegan Butternut Mac & Cheese
Dude add hot sauce to this. It’s EPICCCCCCCCCCCCCCC! So freakin good. I’m not sure if this is better than the epic Vegan Potato + Carrot Chz sauce recipe on the blog that everyone loves. To be fair this wasn’t supposed to be a mac & chz recipe but it’s really on that level. I need more PLEASE!
1/3 of butternut squash peeled & cubed (350g), 1/4 cup of canned coconut milk, 1/8 ts garlic powder, 1/4 ts onion powder, 2 TB nutritional flakes (5g), 1/4 ts salt, 1/4 ts chipotle powder + 6 ounce dry pasta & hot sauce
- Boil squash until soft then drain. About 20 minutes.
- Add everything to the blender. Add more or less coconut milk to get desired thickness.
- Mix sauce with cooked pasta and hot sauce. ENJOY
Vegan Roasted Butternut Squash Soup – Gluten Free
YESSSSSSSS. Dude how have I not fallen in love with butternut squash sooner? It’s like a cross between a potato and a carrot. Crazy, I know. Don’t quote me. I used garlic and ginger paste I bought from the Indian store but feel free to just use fresh.
1/3 butternut squash peeled and cubed (526g), 1 TB oil, salt, 1/2 cup canned coconut milk, 1 ts bouillon (I love better than bouillon vegan chicken), 1/2 ts garlic paste (or fresh), 1 ts ginger paste (or fresh), 1 cup water (more or less) + cashew yogurt topping
- Mix cubed squash with oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake in oven until golden. I did 400 degrees for an hour. Flipped cubed squash half way through.
- Blend with everything. Top with cashew yogurt. ENJOY