I’ve made a handful of low carb/keto vegan recipe posts. I’ve read somewhere that if you’re doing vegan keto your carbs are just going to be higher than someone doing traditional keto. I don’t make the rules (or even follow them) but if you see something in my low carb posts that inspire you feel free to tweak them to get them as low carb as you need 🙂 More vegan keto recipes to come!
Even if you don’t have a low carb life style I still highly recommend these recipes to anyone looking for more whole food recipes. I bet these would even work for whole 30.
Vegan Cheese Lasagna – Keto/Low Carb
Dude this was so good I can’t even tell you. This is something I could eat every damn day. This was so fresh & light and the flavors were out of this world. I did use store bought almond cream cheese but you could easily make your own. I used a small little casserole dish that I could honestly eat all by myself in one sitting. The nutritional count is for 1/3rd of the recipes. The portion is small so I’d suggest pairing this with a massive salad. You will not regret this! You might want to double or triple the recipe to make enough to share.
1 serving (of 3): 247 calories, 18 fat, 8 protein, 14 carbs, 3 fiber, 11 net carbs
1 zucchini (140g), salt, 6 oz almond cheese (I used kite hill), canned crushed tomato (I used 80% of the can), 6 oz mushrooms (200g), 1 TB oil, spices, fresh herbs (i used dried Italian spices, fresh basil, fresh parsley, ground fennel, onion and garlic powder
- Slice zucchini into thin slices. I used vegetable peeler for ultra thin slices. Any size will work.
- Lay zucchini slices on paper towel and salt. Let them sweat for 30 minutes.
- Pulse mushrooms in a food processor to get crumble texture. Cook crumbles with oil, salt and Italian spices in a pan for a few minutes.
- Mixed crushed tomatoes with fresh or dried herbs & spices.
- After 30 minutes of sweating the zucchini pat each piece down with a fresh paper towel to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Layer zucchini, nut cheese, fresh herbs and spices, mushroom crumbles & almond cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. ENJOY
Inspired by: Perfect Keto
Vegan Cream Cheese Sushi – Keto/Low Carb
These are not only super good but they’re wicked easy to make. You do need to cut these into bit size pieces. If you don’t you will make a mess trying to nibble a bite off of a bigger sized roll. These aren’t massive rolls so you may want to pair these with something more voluminous. I imagine I’ll be making more keto roll recipes in the future. Dude, so good!
1 Roll: 247 calories, 23 fat, 7 protein, 6 carbs, 2 fiber, 4 net carbs
2 rolls: 2 nori sheets, 6 oz almond cream cheese (I used kite hill chive), 4 slices each of carrot, cucumber, avocado
- Spread a couple ounces of almond cheese on nori sheet leaving a boarder empty at the top to seal with
- Add veggies inside
- Roll tight but stop before you get to the boarder. Dab your finger in water and wet the nori sheet board with water. Once wet finish rolling the nori.
- Cut into bite sized pieces. ENJOY
Vegan Mini Street Tacos – Keto/Low Carb
The internet told me I could make soft taco shells from celery root. The celery root I found at the store looked average size to me but I can assure you that you’d like a mammoth root. My average root made mini tacos. Celery root doesn’t have a strong taste once cooked in case you’re wondering. Grilled celery root looks just like a grilled tortilla. I’ll link below to the recipe that inspired this. Dude, her’s came out looking pinterest worthy so don’t let my tiny tacos give you the wrong impression.
Total calories (for everything including avo + pico):
281 calories, 19 fat, 6 protein, 23 carbs, 7 fiber, 16 net carbs
celery root (I used 160g), 1 portobella mushroom (140g), 1/2 ts cumin, 1/2 chili powder, salt, 1 TB oil, water, Pico (64g tomato, 4g onion, lime, cilantro, 1/4 avocado)
- Slice mushrooms and mix with spices and salt. Saute with oil. After a few minutes add water to allow the mushrooms to soften. I added small amounts of water a couple times over the cooking time. They’re done once soft.
- Peel and slice celery root. Feel free to experiment with different thickness. Grill in pan or on george foreman grill until the root softens. Mine got grill marks (fancy).
- Chop and mix veggies for pico
- Assemble tacos. ENJOY
Inspired by Every Last Bite