These are not only cheap but make a great meal prep options if you like to pre-make muffins or donuts for a few days.
I made another post 5 Vegan Breakfasts Under 50 Cents recently. I am really digging these challenges to eat great while the wallet stays shuts. I also have a 3 Vegan Dinners Under 50 Cents post you may like as well.
Vegan Baked Donuts – 58 Cents Total // 9 Cents Each
I’ve made these on the blog a few times. I showed 6 different ways to top them. Think Cookies n Cream, Maple, Peanut Butter and Jelly, Rainbow Unicorn, S’mores, Samoa but here we’re keeping it super simple with an easy chocolate glazed. Funny thing is that just last week I made a double batch for our weekly dessert meal prep. I live for dessert meal prep.
This made 6 baked donuts. 58 cents total // 9 cents each
Baked Vegan Donut // Doughnut Recipe:
1 cup flour (180 grams, 6 cents), 1/4 cup sugar (76 grams, 5 cents), 1/2 t baking powder (1 cent?), 1/4 cup oil (8 cents), 3/4 cup water or almond milk (18 cents) = 38 Cents Total
- Mix everything together. Bake on greased donut sheet at 375 for 15-20 minutes
- Let cook before dipping in icing. ENJOY
Basic Vegan Icing Recipe:
1/2 cup powdered sugar (90g, 9 cents) & 1 TB almond milk (3 cents?) + 1-2 TB cocoa powder (8 cents) (optional) = 20 Cents Total
- Mix everything. Add extra powdered sugar if not thick enough or extra almond milk if too thick.
- Let donuts cool before dipping in icing or it will dissolve.
Vegan Blueberry Muffins – 64 Cents Total // 8 Cents Each
These are soooo simple. I made a high protein version of these for a Vegan High Protein Meal Prep post. Gluten flour is a super cheap source of protein which is perfect for making protein rich baked goods. I’ve made these multiple times with brown sugar in the past. I highly recommend it!
This made 8 muffins (smaller sized but not mini). 64 Cents Total // 8 Cents Each
1 cup flour (180g, 6 cents), 1/2 cup sugar (110g, 7 cents), 1/2 ts baking soda (1 cent?), 1/2 ts baking powder (1 cent?), 3/4 cup almond milk (18 cents), 2 TB oil (4 cents), 1 TB vinegar (1 cent?), 1/2 serving frozen blueberries (70g, 26 cents) = 64 Cents Total
- Mix dry ingredients together then mix in wet. Everything except berries. If your batter is too wet then add a dash more of flour and if its too dry then a dash more of almond milk.
- Pour batter in oiled muffin tin. Sprinkle berries on top. Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes. ENJOY
Vegan Home Fries + Garbanzo Flour Scramble – 74 Cents Total // 37 Cents Per Bowl
I’m such a cheap bastard. I’d been out of french fry seasoning forever. Actually it was strange that I even bought some in the first place but it was wonderful impulse buy. I bought maybe 2 overpriced containers a few years back. Finally I bought one of those massive seasoning salt containers from Aldi. My ego has been pretending that I’m not into those kind of things. But I’ve since made 3 batches of potatoes with the salt blend & my ego is now on board. The only thing this dish is missing is a side of toast with jam!
This made two bowls of food. 74 Cents Total // 37 Cents Per Bowl
1.17 lbs potatoes (532g, 39 cents), 1 TB oil (2 cents), seasoning salt (1 cent?), + 1/2 cup garbanzo flour (32 cents), 1/2 water (give or take) = 74 Cents Total
- Cube potatoes, mix with oil and salt. Make sure seasoning is mixed in well with the oil & potatoes. Bake at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes or until golden.
- Mix flour and water. Start with less water and mix until you have slightly thick batter like pancake batter. I mixed mine in the same bowl I mixed the potatoes in for the left over spices and oil. Feel free to spice and salt the batter however you’d like.
- The vegan egg mixture is great cooked in a skillet. I microwaved mine because I’m too lazy to clean another pot. Microwave for 2 minutes or until all the pieces are cooked well. Scramble the mixture throughout the cooking processes (maybe every 30 seconds). Try to break up any of the chunks into little crumbles using your mixing spoon.
- Plate everything together. ENJOY