Last blog post was Vegan High Volume Low Calorie recipes. Two people straight up were like, “where’s the high calories recipes at?!” I got you. High calories meal, it’s my pleasure! I shared these with Mark.
While this isn’t a vegan bodybuilding “bulking recipes” post per se I did try to get a little extra protein in here or there. In the end I think it was only 100g protein or 10% of the calories. Feel free to tweak these.
If you’re the type of person that can’t ever eat enough then maybe skip the red lentil recipe below because it’s a ton of food. You might get full half way through the dish & not hit your calorie goal. The smoothie on the other hand is a relatively low volume for the amount of calories you’ll get.
Vegan Coconut Protein Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie
This is so decadent! Not even joking. I did make this on the thicker side. Feel free to thin it out with almond milk. Pure dessert, pure heaven. It’s like a silky smooth pudding smoothie. This is the recipe I would take to the deserted island where you only get to eat the same thing everyday.
1339 calories: 31g protein, 101g carbs, 91g fat
1 can coconut milk, 2.5 TB cacao powder (15g), 1 TB agave (20g), 2 scoop vanilla protein powder (34g), 2 bananas (212g), 2 TB almond butter (32g)
- Blend everything up
- Thin it out with almond milk if too thick. ENJOY
Vegan Thai/Ethiopian Fusion
Dude, worlds largest bowl of food right here. If you read my Vegan Ethiopian recipes then you’ll know the proper way to make this dish. But I didn’t have the ingredients to make ginger and garlic paste so I figured red chili paste would be my lazy way out. In the end it did not taste as epic as actually following the recipe but still a very hearty meal. I have a secret desire to eat more red lentils but since it’s a secret I’m not allowed to tell myself. ha ha ha. Anyway, very glad I got to enjoy some red lentils.
1296 calories: 43g protein, 171g carb, 44g fat
1/2 cup red lentils (100g), 2 cups water, mini can coconut milk (5 oz), 3 TB red curry paste (45g), 1 carrot (66g), 1 potato (192g), 1 cup frozen spinach (85g), cooked rice packet (from aldi), 1 TB oil, 1.5 TB berbere spices (optional)
- Put red lentils, 2 cups water, coconut milk, red curry pasta in a pot. Cook for 15-20 minutes. Add frozen spinach the last 5 minutes.
- Add any spices or additional salt to lentils once they’re cooked.
- Chop carrot and potatoes. Boil for 25 or until veggies are soft. Mix with lentils.
- Cook or heat up rice then mix with TB oil
- Plate rice and lentil stew together. ENJOY
Vegan Buttered Pasta
Now this isn’t regular buttered pasta. I was mentally committed to making a vegan butter sauce then remembered that I only had vanilla almond milk. No plain almond milk. So I did my back up plan. I basically made a butter gravy (is that a thing?) by melting a ton of vegan butter and mixing in water and corn starch. I added spices of choice. I don’t know if buttered gravy is something anyone else would like but it was soooo damn good. I would totally make this again.
1275 calories: 21g protein, 135g carbs, 69g fat
6 TB vegan butter, 6 oz pasta, 1 cup water, 2 TB corn starch, 1/2 ts vegan better than bouillon, 1 ts garlic spice blend (Tuscan blend)
- Cook 6 oz dried pasta
- Melt vegan butter in skillet
- Add 1 TB corn starch to cold water and stir til dissolved. Pour in skillet and whisk. Bring to a boil and continue to whisk. Add spices of choice + bouillon.
- My sauce wasn’t thick enough so I added 1 more TB corn starch to 1 TB cold water then added to the skillet. Once it boiled it thickened up. You can add tiny amounts of water at a time if this is too thick for you.
- Mix sauce with pasta. ENJOY