Dude, snacks!!!!!!!!!! I love junk food so making a bunch of whole food snacks were surprisingly epic. These are the perfect snacks for hippie college students or little kids.
As a lover of crappy junk food I think I’ve figured out the dazzling properties to whole food snacks vs packaged junk food. Junk food tends to been super salty or sugary sweet with some sort of refried carb & tons of oil. Those flavors are amazing together but the depths of flavor complexity just isn’t there. Then with whole food snacks there are aromas, textures and flavors that kind of stack on each other. Plus water content.
Whole food & junk food both hold an equal place in my heart. Some times all you need is an over the top burst of straight salt or sugar striped down to it’s concentration. Other times you need to savor the subtlest. Here we explore the latter.
Vegan Avocado + Nori Snacks
Dude, one bite in and I was like “OMMMMMMMMMMMMMYGDDDDDD”. If you’ve seen any of our old youtube recipe videos you will know how some of the most simplest foods completely explode my brain. This is one. I can not say enough good things about this. I should have sprinkled a dash of lime juice with salt over the top. Next time!
1 avocado, 1 large sheet of nori, water
- Cut avocado in half then cut each half into slice. Scoop out slices with a spoon.
- Count avocado slices then cut nori into each amounts.
- Dip 1 nori sheet in a bowl of water and wrap it around an avocado slice. You can either dip each end or the whole nori sheet. ENJOY
Vegan Ants On A Log – Celery + Almond Butter Snacks
Does this sounds like some lame snack from the 80s? It did to me. But was surprisingly good. I LOVE celery. I could eat a whole head of celery. The lighter the color the milder the taste. The darker the green the more bitter it is. I think almond slices add a lot to the snack. If you haven’t had this combo since you were a kid it’s time you make this again.
celery stalks, almond butter, dried fruit, sliced almonds
- Cut celery stalks into 3
- Cover with a light amount of nut butter
- Place dried fruit on top and sprinkle with nuts. ENJOY
Vegan Bananas with Cacao Nibs, Coconut Flakes, Almond Butter Snacks
This was the first time I’ve eaten a bowl of bananas loaded up like this. I’ve made this 3 more times in the last week since I first made this. The coconut, almond slices and cacao nibs are the champion trifecta. This flavor combo must go on every from this point forth. Expect to see it in my future posts.
1 bananas, 1 spoon almond butter, sprinkle of cacao nibs, coconut flakes, almond butter
- Slice banana
- Drizzle almond butter on top
- Sprinkle on toppings. ENJOY
Vegan Avocado Grilled Sweet Potato Toast Snacks
Avocado makes everything amazing! I did garnish this with sriracha but you could drizzle with oil, tahini or a dash of onion powder. Oh pickles! That would be good too!
I grilled the sweet potato on my thrift store george foreman grill. It’s the easiest and quickest way to cook veggies!
1 slice of sweet potato, 1/2 avocado, spray oil, garnish with sriracha + hemp seeds
- Cook slice of sweet potato. I grilled mine with a spray of oil on The Foreman for 10 -15 minutes.
- Slice avocado and fan out on cooked sweet potato. Garnish. ENJOY
Vegan Tahini Oven Baked Fries Snacks
Fries made the list. I added a dash of lime juice over top. I don’t have a perfect fry recipe since I always cut the potatoes to different sizes and vary to the amount of oil I use.
1 or 2 huge potatoes, 1-2 TB oil (more or less is fine), 2 TB tahini, 1 TB agave, 1 lime, salt, salt, garlic, onion, dill
- Slice potatoes, mix with oil then bake. I did 400 degrees for about 50 minutes or until golden. I did flip once towards the end, optional. Sprinkle with lime juice once cooked.
- Mix tahini with agave, salt, some lime juice and a sprinkle of salt, garlic, onion, dill spices. Taste to see if it needs more salt or citrus juice. Maybe add the smallest dash of water if tahini is too thick. ENJOY