We’ve been digging meal preps for one meal of the day. So here is an easy, cheap 5 meal (one meal a day!) meal prep to take to work or school. This is food ready to go for your busy hours then you can work magic in the kitchen later in the day when your evening winds down. At least that’s how we do it.
520 Calories for each box and that includes the lettuce
(well, yours will be less calories because I went a little heavy handed with the oil)
There’s one slick thing you could do to make this spot on. Go to Chipotle and buy some sides of your favorite salsa. I think their salsas are the signature flavors that makes the difference between copycat perfection and half ass ghetto fabulous. We did the latter and there’s no complaints. I just wanted to throw out that option. I will take that option at some point. I love their salsa ❤ I really just need to make a homemade version.
This took about an hour to make. I got these containers on ebay (cheaper than amazon!).
Need some conformation on the safest way to cook, store and reheat meal prep? Still Tasty is the website for you!
5 servings dry rice (225 grams), 1 vegan ck bouillon, 2 cans black beans, 2 zucchini + 2 yellow squash (or other veggies) (700 grams), 1 bell pepper (100 grams), 2-3 TB oil, salt, salsa or fire roasted diced tomatoes & chilies, 5 single portions of guacamole (I got mine at trader joes), 5 bags of greens (aldi!), lime, cilantro
- Cook rice with bouillon. Once cooked add the juice of 1 lime and a handful of chopped cilantro.
- Chop yellow squash, zucchini and bell pepper. Mix with oil. Place on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt. Bake at 400 for 30 minutes.
- Drain and rinse 2 cans of black beans. Set in fridge if rice and veggies are still cooking.
- If using canned fire roasted tomatoes and canned green chilies then drain well. Set in fridge if rice and veggies are still cooking.
- Once veggies and rice are done place everything in 5 container. You can leave avocado packets and lettuce separate.
*I like to pour a whole bag of lettuce in a bowl then add the microwaved meal prep to that. And put cold guacamole on top! So good!