I’ve made vegan cream sauces before. I’ve made a few during the 9 Vegan Pasta Recipe post. I’ve also made fat free Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce. But those have NOTHING on this these posted here. I’ve posted this cheese sauce many times but each time they’re either low fat or fat free. Truly the best vegan smokey cheese sauce is listed below. And it has a bunch of fat. Fat is the secret ingredient.
These recipes are so rich and amazing. No joke.
Vegan Mushroom Meat Sauce
This is so good. You could totally leave out the pasta and enjoy the “meat sauce” on it’s own. Feel free to use whatever Italian spices you like. This recipes was inspired by Cocoon Cooks.
This makes 2 servings
1 very small onion, 1 garlic clove, 8 oz mushrooms, 1 TB oil, salt, spices (1/2 ts sage, 1/2 marjoram), canned fire roasted diced tomatoes (optional), 8 oz pasta, 1 serving pasta sauce
- Chop mushrooms then put in food processor. Pulse mushrooms a few times.
- Chop onion & garlic. Saute with oil & salt til soft.
- Add mushrooms to onion and garlic. Sprinkle with salt. Cook til mushrooms release their liquid. Keep cooking til mushroom liquid evaporates.
- Add enough tomato sauce to fully coat mushrooms. Add spices. Drain fire roasted tomatoes well then mix into pasta/mushroom sauce. Done.
- Pour sauce over 2 bowls of pasta. ENJOY
Vegan Lentil Meatballs in Cream Sauce
This is the best cream sauce. Mine came out lumpy because I don’t know what the hell I was doing + I was filming while making this recipe. I would recommend whisking the almond milk while adding the flour. I didn’t whisk which explains the lumpiness.
I started this recipe with 1/3 cup plain almond milk then slowly added a ton more. I wanted to make sure this stayed thick. I’m not sure how much more almond milk. I trust you can figure out your desired sauce thickness.
The vegan meatballs were inspired by Minimalist Baker.
This made 2 small servings or 1 massive serving
100 grams of canned lentils (about 1/2 or 1/3 of can, drained), 3 TB vegan Italian breadcrumbs (28 grams, I like whole foods brand), 1 TB tomato sauce, spices (1/2 ts onion powder, 1/4 garlic powder, ground fennel seed & marjoram), salt
- Put everything in a food processor except tomato sauce. Pulse a few times then pour in a bowl.
- Add 1 TB tomato sauce and mix well. Pinch a ball together with your fingers. If the mixture holds together then move to next step. If mixture is too dry add more tomato sauce or a dash of water. If mixture is too wet add more breadcrumbs.
- Form balls and bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Done
VEGAN CREAM SAUCE:
1/3 cup plain almond milk (+ a bunch more), 4 TB flour, 4 TB oil or vegan butter, 1/4 ts garlic powder, 1/2 ts onion powder, salt, pepper, parsley, 5.5 oz pasta
- Heat plain almond milk and whisk everything together. 4 TB of flour will quickly thicken the sauce up too much. Slowly add more almond milk while whisking until you get desired texture.
- Cook pasta and top with vegan cream sauce & vegan meatballs. ENJOY
Vegan Seitan Sausage + Mac & Smokey Cheddar Cheese
This is the most addicting vegan cheese sauce ever. This made twice as much as I needed so I’m going to repost the left overs in the next recipe post as a cheese dip. Seems kind of lazy but I NEED to share this recipe. I can’t stress enough how award winning this is but only if you like smokey, spicy cheddar.
And the sweet & savory sausage was perfect for this dish. As a lazy person trust me when I say it’s completely worth going the extra mile to make seitan sausage with this.
1/4 cup gluten flour (30 grams), 1 TB chickpea flour (6 grams), 1 TB brown sugar (10 grams), tons of ground fennel (optional), 1/2 ts onion powder, 1/4 ts garlic powder, 1/4 ts chipotle powder, 1 TB tomato sauce, 1 ts oil, 1/4 ts salt (or less), 2 TB water (+ more if needed)
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together. Then mix in tomato sauce, oil and water. Add more water if the mixture is dry. Add more gluten flour if mixture is wet. Mixture should be firm (not wet or dry)
- Roll dough into foil and twist the ends. Steam for 40 minutes.
Vegan Smokey Cheddar Cheesy Sauce:
2 med potatoes peeled & chopped (330 grams), 150 grams baby carrots, water, 1/2 ts onion powder, 1/4 ts garlic powder, juice from 1 lime, 3 TB nutritional flakes, 3 TB oil, 1/2 small can of chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (add slowly! This can get spicy fast!), salt
- Boil potatoes and carrots til soft (about 25 minutes). Let cool for a few minutes then add to the blender.
- Add everything else to the blender. Use the least amount of water because you’ll want this on the thicker side. Add small amounts of chipotle pepper at a time. Blend and taste to see if it’s spicy enough.
- Once sauce is ready pour over pasta and mix in chopped vegan sausage. ENJOY