What’s the point of saying these are easy recipes. All of my recipes are easy. Stating the obvious here. Business as usual.
Vegan Sweet Potato , Avocado & Black Rice Wrap
These flavors!!!! Sweet potato in a wrap is amazing. I used vegan buffalo wing sauce but green salsa would be amazing! You can totally leave out the rice and this would still be legit.
This is the main course. I trust you can figure out what kind of side to put with this. Fruit, chips, smoothie…. two wraps!!!!! I had some black rice that I wanted to use but use whatever rice you have.
The flatbread (from aldi!) that I’m obsessed with seems like it would get soggy easily. If you’re pre-making these I’d suggest making a moisture layer of some sort. I think spring mix or butter lettuce might be good for that.
1 flatbread or tortilla, 1 sweet potato, 60 grams uncooked rice (1/3 cups), water for rice, 1/2 avocado, vegan buffalo wing sauce (or whatever you want)
- Bake sweet potato. I bake mine for 45 minutes at 400 degrees. After 45 minutes I turn the heat off, leave the door closed and wait 15 additional minutes.
- Cook rice
- Mash cooked sweet potato and place on flatbread or tortilla
- Add cooked rice, sauce of some sort and avocado slices. Roll up. ENJOY
Vegan Sushi Roll Bowl
This was THE BEST THING EVER. Thanks pinterest for letting me know that these types of things exist. I could totally eat this everyday. Rice + Veggies ❤
This recipe was inspired by Savory Tooth.
If you watch the video you’ll see my sushi came out yellow. Twice actually. Rage! I made Indian food yesterday and the tumeric just would not leave the pot!!! I made sushi rice, it turned yellow so Mark took pity on my mega frown and cleaned the pot so I could try to remake it. Second batch turned yellow so I just covered it up with toppings.
1/2 cup uncooked sushi rice (90 grams), water for rice, 1/4 carrot, 1/4 cucumber, 1/2 avocado, lemon slices, nori (wasabi flavored!), 1 TB rice vinegar, 1 ts sugar, soy sauce + sriracha
- Cook rice. I rinsed mine well before cooking. After it’s cooked mix in 1 TB rice vinegar & 1 ts sugar. You can use less rice vinegar.
- Chop cucumber. Slice carrot, lemon and avocado.
- Mix a little soy sauce with sriracha to make sauce
- Put rice in a bowl, top with veggies and nori. Pour sauce over avocado. ENJOY
Vegan Pasta Salad with Lettuce
You can chill the pasta and eat it cold. You can serve it straight from the stove. Either way it’s soooo good. I’ve hooked on aldi’s brand of “fit” balsamic dressing. The reduced fat one. It’s still good and greasy! That dressing with toppings from the olive bar at the fancy food store make this lunch recipe addicting. From the olive bar I got a couple of fancy olives, a pepperoncini & some roasted tomatoes in oil. I thought I got roasted peppers but I’m pretty sure I grabbed tomatoes by accident. So good!
2 large olives, 2 TB chopped roasted bell pepper or tomatoes (in oil), 1 pepperoncini, 4 cherry tomatoes, 1/2 bag lettuce, slice of onion, 3 oz pasta, 3 TB balsamic vinaigrette
- Slice all of your veggies up
- Cook pasta, drain then toss with salad dressing. Mix in veggies.
- Put everything on top of lettuce. ENJOY