Oh my god. I LOVE LOVE LOVE tabbouleh and hummus. I think it’s one of my favorite food combinations ever. Pure fucking love. Plus grilling a hummus tabbouleh wrap is a game changer. While eating the falafel bowl I was like “I should really open my own restaurant”. The level of “I need other people to enjoy this as much as me” was off the chart. You’d think I was really feeling myself but then I remembered the most desirable parts of this dish were store bought. HA HA HA. Sucker………..
Video at the bottom of me making everything.
Vegan Purple Smoothie Bowl – Blueberry with Blackberry
I’m really trying to step up my smoothie bowl game. To be real I never got the whole smoothie bowl thing until I made my first one in forever (a month ago). Now I’m hooked. Hooking for fruit. Fruit tramp! Oh, shttttttttttt
1 fresh banana (128 grams), 1 serving frozen blueberries (140 grams), 1 TB agave + toppings (crappy almond yogurt *not my fav vegan yogurt*, almond slices, chia seeds, blackberries
- Process everything expect the toppings in a food processor til smooth
- Pour in a bowl and top with whatever. ENJOY
Vegan Roasted Chickpea Wrap
Dude flatbread from Aldi is killing it with the calories! Say what!? Yeah, one wrap is 90 calories. And it’s Aldi so it’s cheap as fuck. I’m so obsessed with that place. A tiny ass tortilla can be like 100 calories and I can’t fit jack in them so I’m blown away. These are huge. ……..and no one cares about all the calorie chit chat so we’ll move along.
Side note: did you know that Aldi’s UK website has a list of all house brand vegan stuff. Unreal. It’s almost like they care. Check, check, check, check it out.
Chickpeas: 1/2 can chickpeas (you can totally use the whole can), smoked paprika & cumin, salt, 1/2 ts olive oil
Filling: sliced cucumber, tomato, carrots, radish, pickles!
Sauce: 6 TB vegan sour cream (90 grams), sprinkle garlic & onion powder, fresh or dried dill
2 flatbread, tortillas or whatever
- Drain, rinse and dry canned chickpeas. Coat in oil and dash of spices and salt. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Slice veggies
- Mix vegan sour cream with spices and herbs
- Once chickpeas are done layer your 2 wraps with beans, veggies and sauce. ENJOY
Vegan Falafel Bowl
I already gave a long winded speech about how awesome this dish is. Out of this large bowl of food the only thing homemade is the falafel. I have made hummus a couple times here on the blog and billion times in real life. I have a parsley hummus recipe which I love. I also have a hummus and tabbouleh recipe. Both are super easy to make but store bought made this master piece a billion times easier. The dolmas were also store bought. That was an impulse buy since they were sitting next to the tabbouleh. I made dolmas once a zillion years ago and find the store bought ones better (& easier). But those are simple to make if you just google it. Rice with oil, spices and lemon wrapped in grape leaves.
Here’s a raw vegan hummus recipe that’s bean free & low carb.
I am in love with trader HOES eggplant hummus. I’ve been looking for any excuse to buy more. So smokey! The falafel recipe was from Minimalist Baker. I was shocked how easy it was. So good! Hats off to her.
Falafel recipe: 150 grams dry chickpeas, water for soaking, 1 ts coriander powder, .5 cumin powder, sprinkle of onion & garlic powder, salt, handful parsley, sesame seeds, 4 TB flour, oil for frying
- Soak chickpeas in a ton of water for 12 hours. Then drain.
- Add chickpeas to the food processor along with everything else EXPECT flour and oil
- Processes and pulse til everything is chunky and broken down. Not into a paste.
- Once broken down add 1 TB of flour at a time until the mixture starts to hold shape when you pinch it in your fingers. I used 4 TB but you may need more or less.
- Pour in mixing bowl and place in the fridge for 2 hours
- Once chilled scoop 1 TB at a time and form into balls or patties
- Heat skillet to med or med-high and cook in oil til golden on each side. I used 2 TB oil total.
- Plate with lettuce, dolmas, hummus, tabbouleh. ENJOY
Here’s more of my What I Eat In A Day posts. Video of todays feast below.