Here’s 5 full days of vegan food for under $25. I break down the cost at the bottom. Aldi is cheap as fuck so go there. I created 2 menus because I’m insane. I can truly eat the same thing everyday with zero variety and be cool. But with meal prep my heart turns black if I have to eat the same thing 2 days in a row knowing that still have 3 more days (5 total) with no end in sight. Meal prep variety = compliance. Feel me?
Here’s 4 minute VIDEO of me whipping everything up!
Here’s is an even CHEAPER & EASIER vegan meal prep! Lower calories too!
Menu A for Mon, Wed, Fri
Menu B for Tue & Thur
Vegan Chocolate Oatmeal Hemp Smoothie
Vegan Chili + Sweet Potatoes
Pasta & Sauce with Veggies
Vegan Chocolate Oatmeal Hemp Smoothie
Vegan Lo Mein + Cabbage
Vegan Curry with Rice, Beans and Veggies
So for this meal prep I made 5 batches of the same smoothie because I love it and could easily drink it everyday FOR-EV-VERRRR. I made 3 batches Vegan Chili + Sweet Potatoes, Pasta with Veggies. I made 2 batches of Vegan Lo Mein, Vegan Curry with Rice, Beans and Veggies. Easy. I prepped all of this in 2 hours while filming. I bet you could do this in half the time if you stayed focused.
Need some conformation on the safest way to cook, store and reheat meal prep? Still Tasty is the website for you! Also I got these containers on ebay (cheaper than amazon!).
Do these things in this order (or imagine a better order)
- Have 5 steamer bags of frozen veggies in the freezer
- Prep smoothie bags then freeze them (recipe below)
- Cook 5 serving of grains (I did 225 grams quick cook brown rice with 2 cups of water)
- Cook 15 oz pasta (once cooked & drained coat in oil to keep from drying out, set aside)
- Cook 500 grams (.5 lb) of chopped sweet potatoes (38 minutes in the oven, 10 minutes in the Foreman!)
- Make curry sauce then set aside (recipe below)
- Rinse cans of beans (2 kidney bean + 1 chickpea can)
- Cook cabbage with lo mein sauce (recipe below)
- Divide cooked rice. Put 3/5th cooked rice in a large mixing bowl and leave the rest in the pot.
- Make Chili with 3/5th rice that’s in the large mixing bowl (recipe below).
- Divide pasta into 5 portions
Assemble prep containers
- Take 3 containers. Put sweet potatoes on one side of each container and chili on the other side.
- Take 3 containers. Put one portion of pasta in each container and add sides of pasta sauce to each container (either in a divider or on top of the pasta)
- Take 2 containers. Put 1 portion of pasta in each container. Divide the seasoned cabbage between the two containers. Poured cabbage on top of the pasta.
- Take 2 containers. Divide the remaining rice between the containers. Divide chickpeas between the containers. Divide curry sauce between the 2 containers.
- Done. Fridge or freeze your containers!
Smoothie: 10 bananas, 10 TB cocoa powder, 5 TB hemp seeds, 100 grams/1.25 cups oatmeal, carton sweetened almond milk, 5 freezer bags
519 calories, 12 grams fat, 88 grams carbs, 12 grams protein (per container)
- Put 2 chopped bananas per bag (240 grams)
- Each bag gets 20 grams (1/4 cup) oatmeal, 2 TB cocoa powder, 1 TB hemp seeds
- Freeze each bag
- Blend 1 bag with 1 – 1.5 cups of sweetened almond milk in the morning. ENJOY
Vegan Chili: 3 portions cooked rice, 2 cans rinsed kidney beans, 1 small can of tomato sauce, 1 can diced tomatoes, 2 TB chili powder, sprinkle of garlic powder, onion powder, salt and cumin powder (drizzle with oil, optional)
605 calories, 2 grams fat, 132 carbs, 27 grams protein (per container)
- Mix beans into bowl of rice
- Add diced tomatoes and tomato sauce
- Add spices (here’s a proper vegan chili recipe if you want)
- Mix everything together. Taste to ensure it’s salted enough.
- Done. Fridge or freeze these. Thaw frozen meals the night before. Microwave thawed meals 2-4 minutes. ENJOY
Vegan Curry Sauce Recipe (served with 1 portion of rice, 1/2 can chickpeas & full bag of frozen veggies) (for less calories either buy “lite” watered down coconut cans or buy the tiny cans even though it will make less sauce)
1 can coconut milk, 1 small can tomato sauce, .5 TB turmeric, 1 TB coriander powder, dash of cumin and salt to taste (or you could follow this thai curry recipe which is even easier)
- Add everything to a pot
- Heat everything up and whisk it all together
- Done. Add this sauce to your rice and beans. Fridge or freeze these. Thaw frozen meals the night before. Microwave thawed meals 2-4 minutes. Then steam a bag of frozen veggies to throw on top. ENJOY
900 calories, 43 grams fat, 102 grams carbs, 21 grams protein (per container which includes rice, beans and veggies)
Vegan Lo Mein Cabbage + Sauce
250 grams of cabbage (or 2 serving sizes of choice), ginger (grated fresh or powdered dry), onion & garlic powder, salt, soy sauce, 1 TB sesame seed oil, 1 TB agave, 1 TB corn starch, 1/2 cup water (or buy a bottle some some awesome Asian sauce) * add a touch of sriracha while cooking everything!
- Put 1 TB sesame oil in pan
- Add chopped cabbage and a sprinkle of salt
- Cook cabbage til it starts to soften
- Add 1 TB agave, 1 TB grated ginger or 1 ts powdered ginger, sprinkle of onion & garlic powder, 1 TB corn starch, 1 – 2 TB soy sauce and water in with the cabbage. Turn heat up. Corn starch should quickly thicken into a sauce. Turn heat off. Thin it out with a little water if needed or thicken it more with heat & corn starch if need.
- Add on top of pasta. The more sauce the better! Add another splash of soy sauce.
- Fridge or freeze these. Thaw frozen meals the night before. Microwave thawed meals 2-4 minutes. ENJOY
473 calories, 11 grams fat, 82 grams carbs, 12 grams protein (per container)
Pasta & Veggies
This basically is 3 oz of pasta cooked with pasta sauce. With a whole bag of no-prep frozen veggies. Fridge or freeze these. Thaw frozen meals the night before. Microwave thawed meals 2-4 minutes. Then steam a bag of frozen veggies in the microwave to throw on top. ENJOY
540 calories, 8 grams fat (from pasta being lightly coated in oil), 92 carbs, 16 grams protein (per container including pasta, sauce and veggies)
Here’s a video of me making this shit
~TOTAL COST $22.29~
Here’s a breakdown of the ingredients and their prices:
10 bananas ($2.50)
5 servings of rice, 225 gram (83 cents)
2 cans of kidney beans ($1.58)
1 can chickpeas (79 cents)
2 small cans tomato sauce (50 cents)
1 can diced tomatoes (79 cents)
15 oz spaghetti (67 cents)
sweetened almond milk ($1.99)
3 steamer bags frozen broccoli ($3.57)
2 steamer bags frozen medley ($1.98)
1 lb sweet potato, 500 gram (23 cents!)
1 can coconut milk ($1.99)
.5 lb cabbage, 250 grams (25 cents)
ginger (50 cents, guess)
1.25 cups oatmeal, 100 grams (13 cents)
5 TB hemp seeds, 50 grams ($1.04)
10 TB cocoa powder (58 cents)
pasta sauce ($1)
1 TB agave (28 cents)
spices & salt (50 cents?)
oil (30 cents?)
1 TB corn starch (5 cents?)
soy sauce (25 cents?)