This! So easy and good. One down side of using vegan puff pastries is that you get a less filling per bite. On the up side you get a mouth full of fluffy, delicious baked dough. If you want baked samosas with a mouth full of potatoes use tortillas or wheat spring roll wrappers. This dough is good! I had little bit of potato filling left over. Be sure to cut the dough into proper squares. I did my first batch cutting the dough into rectangles and it worked out but square cuts are ideal. You can seal the edges of the dough with water but I didn’t do that.
350 grams of potatoes, 2 TB vegan butter, 1/2 cup frozen peas, .5 TB turmeric, .5 TB coriander powder, dash of garlic & onion powder, salt, box of puff pastry (pepperage farms is PETA approved)
- Chop, boil then drain potatoes. Mash with 2 TB vegan butter. Mix in 1/2 cup frozen peas, .5 TB turmeric, .5 TB coriander powder, dash of garlic & onion powder & salt.
- Set potato mixture aside to chill
- Roll out your thawed puff pastry dough and cut each of the sheets into 9 squares
- Put as much filling into the middle of dough while still being able to seal all of the edges. Using a fork push the dough to seal the sides. You can use water to help seal the edges but I didn’t.
- Bake at 400 for 18 minutes or until golden. ENJOY
For more details on this listen watch my video below