This vegan all American breakfast is legit. While the scrambled eggs aren’t the traditional egg flavor they are so delicious. This round of mushroom bacon came out the best! I did use vegan butter and strawberry jam for the toast but you could make cinnamon “butter” with brown sugar. I definitely plan to make more “egg” dishes in the future using chickpea flour. So good!!! This could have been an omelet had I used less veggies in the skillet.
1/3 cup chickpea/gram flour (45 grams), 1/3 cup water, 1/4 ts baking powder, chopped onions, zucchini, mushrooms, potatoes, sliced mushrooms, liquid smoke, oil, 1 TB brown sugar, salt, paprika, toast (butter &/or jam)
- Cube potatoes to bake home fries. I cut 400 grams of potatoes and mixed with 2 ts oil. Sprinkle with salt and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Slice mushrooms to make vegan bacon. I cut 4 slices and drizzled 1 ts of oil on top. Then sprinkled salt, 1 TB brown sugar, 1 ts liquid smoke & a few sprinkles of paprika (just for color). Ideally you’d bake it at 350 for 30-40 minutes while flipping it once. Since I cooked these with the potatoes at 400 degrees I flipped them once after 15 minutes. Since they were pretty dried out I only put them back in the over for 5 minutes.
- Chop some onion and saute in oil & salt. Add chopped mushroom and zucchini with salt. Prepare the chickpea “egg” batter.
- Whisk 1/3 cup of chickpea flour with 1/4 ts of baking powder, a dash of salt & equal parts water. If too thick add 1 or 2 TB of water. Pour on sauteed veggies once they’re soft. Let batter cook like a pancake then scramble it all together.
- Bust out some toast and plate everything together. ENJOY
For more details on this recipe watch my video below. Vegan scrambled egg recipe was inspired by Sketch Free Vegan Eating.