I think this recipe took about 40 minutes to make one I wrapped my head around how to execute getting everything done. This recipe is amazing. In the video you may see that I make a huge amount of the vegan taco meat. I can eat a lot in one sitting. I made a smaller portion of vegan cheese in the video but I’ll have the full portion listed out below. I think the avocado really rounded out the dish. A dash of lime would have been awesome. Mark busted out the hot sauce (not pictured). I would highly recommend adding homemade Mango Salsa! The vegan taco meat will be about 4 small servings. The vegan cheese will be a whole blender full.
VEGAN CHEESE: 3 med potatoes, 2 long carrots, water, salt, onion & garlic powder, 1 lime, oil optional
- Boil or Steam 2 cups of peeled potatoes & 1 cup carrots
- Put cooked veggies in blender with 1/2 cup of water. Blend!
- Add 1-2 ts salt, 1/4 ts garlic powder. 1/4 ts onion powder & 1 TB citrus juice (I just used a whole lime)
- Add either 3 TB of oil OR water. Blend!
- Add 1/2 cup nutritional flakes. Blend! Add tiny amounts of water if it’s too thick to blend.
VEGAN TACO MEAT: 1/2 cup dry rice (90 grams), water, 1/2 of 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes, 1 TB chili powder, 1 ts cumin, sprinkle of oregano, onion & garlic powder, red pepper flakes & salt
- I weighed 90 grams of dry rice in a pot. I added about 3/4 cup of water. As soon as water boiled I put a lid on it and turned the temp down to “2” on the stove. I set a timer for 17 minutes and didn’t take the lid off til then.
- I then added half of the large can of crushed tomatoes. Goal was simply to coat the rice without making it soupy.
- I added 1 TB chili powder, 1 ts cumin, sprinkle of oregano, onion & garlic powder, salt & red pepper flakes. Mix well.
Pour vegan cheese sauce on cooked pasta, top with vegan taco meat and garnish with avocado, cilantro and tomatoes! ENJOY
For more details on this recipe watch my video below. Chz recipe was inspired by Veggie on a Penny.