It’s crazy that up until a year ago I never used breadcrumbs. Breadcrumbs will turn anything into a perfect vegan egg free burger patty. I used whatever flavored ones are available. They’re a bit too salty which isn’t so bad when making burgers. If you use plan breadcrumbs then you may want to mix in sauteed veggies or dried herbs. This is a very simple recipe. These are sooo good. They reminded me of vegan savory potato pancakes but thicker.
11 oz potato, 85 grams spinach (1/4 of a bag), 1 cup breadcrumbs + 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, 2 TB oil
- Chop & boil potato then drain
- Put cooked potato & fresh spinach in a food processor and blend
- Pour your blended veggies in a bowl and mix with 1 cup breadcrumbs
- As long as your dough is holding a ball shape then you’re ready to divide into 4 patties
- Coat each patty with breadcrumbs then fry in a skillet at the same temp you’d cook pancakes. Once golden flip and add more oil.
- When both sides are crispy they’re done. ENJOY
For more details on this recipe watch my video below. This recipe was inspired by Cook With Manali.