I thought this would taste like a 7 but it was a total 10! The two if us ate the whole thing within 12 hours of it coming out of the oven. The fresh basil garnish did a lot, had I owned more I would have used it more liberally. The veggie meat was the same stuff I used in the Vegan Crispy Taco Recipe but with different spices. It’s so cheap to make and ultra versatile.
1 cup dry rice, a bunch of mushrooms, can of tomato sauce, fresh or powdered onions & garlic, ground fennel, Italian herb blend, spinach, cauliflower, tons of pasta sauce and lasagna noodles
- Cook 1 cup dry rice with 2 cups of water
- Chop mushrooms then pulse in food processor
- Saute mushroom crumbles in 1 TB of oil in a skillet. Add onion & garlic powder.
- Add rice then add tomato sauce. I let mine simmer to thicken up but tomato paste with water could have done the trick without needing to simmer. DONE!
- Roast cauliflower in oven by chopping a small cauliflower into pieces and mixing with 2 TB oil. Put 1 TB of oil on a baking sheet then salt it. Now add the cauliflower to the baking sheet and salt the top. Bake at 400 degrees for 30+ minutes (until the tips start to brown).
- Put 1 TB of oil in a skillet and saute a medium size box of spinach. As soon as the spinach wilts set the spinach aside on a plate.
- Cook pasta then assemble everything in the baking dish. I sprinkled my herbs and spices between each layer. Bake for 2o minutes then garnish with basil & olives. ENJOY
For more details on this recipe watch my video below