So after making Vegan Shells & Cheese with Broccoli I used the left over cheese sauce to make this dish. While this stuffed jalapeno appetizer tasted good it really could have used a dash of oil to round the flavors out. Maybe cutting the peppers and coating them with oil & salt before stuffing them or even adding a little oil to the cheese dip would have been nice. Either way, make these and impress your homies at the next dairy free party.
3 med potatoes, 2 long carrots, water, salt, onion & garlic powder, 1 lime, cooked rice and jalapenos
- Boil or Steam 2 cups of peeled potatoes & 1 cup carrots
- Put cooked veggies in blender with 1/2 cup of water. Blend!
- Add 1-2 ts salt, 1/4 ts garlic powder. 1/4 ts onion powder & 1 TB citrus juice (I just used a whole lime)
- Add either 3 TB of oil OR water. Blend!
- Add 1/2 cup nutritional flakes. Blend! Add tiny amounts of water if it’s too thick to blend. Cheese sauce complete!
- Mix cheese sauce with cooked rice and stuff in a jalapeno. I topped mine with red bell pepper garnish.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or so. ENJOY
For more details on this recipe watch my video below. Cheese sauce recipe was inspired by Veggie on a Penny.