This Vegan Chili Cheese Tots Recipe is proof that I should no longer avoid “junk food” or feel pride in eating “healthy”. Every time I make this cheese dip I never feel that ego stroke of eating “clean” and on some level I think I need to use moderation because my brain is tricked into thinking I’m really eating chzzzz. <— Dogma…. I blended potatoes and carrots to mimic cheese yet on a subtle level I feel all of the old hang ups about cheese and none of the patting myself on the back for the veggies. Long story short, we make up the rules then feel how we want to feel as the outcome. Eat what you like so that you’ll feel good. I used to eat what I thought would feel good then I’d tell myself how much I liked it. Even though I eat what the fuck I want after 15+ of restrictions my brain is always cautious of this recipe. I guess you could say it’s that good.
3 med potatoes, 2 long carrots, water, salt, onion & garlic powder, 1 lime, pasta & broccoli
- Boil or Steam 2 cups of peeled potatoes & 1 cup carrots
- Put cooked veggies in blender with 1/2 cup of water. Blend!
- Add 1-2 ts salt, 1/4 ts garlic powder. 1/4 ts onion powder & 1 TB citrus juice (I just used a whole lime)
- Add either 3 TB of oil OR water. Blend!
- Add 1/2 cup nutritional flakes. Blend! Add tiny amounts of water if it’s too thick to blend.
- Chop & steam or boil broccoli
- Cook pasta
- Add some chz sauce to your cooked pasta and top with broccoli. ENJOY
For more details on this recipe watch my video below. The chz sauce recipe was inspired by Veggie On A Penny.