This paleo/vegan dessert turned out just like I imagined even though I was missing some corner stone ingredients. I didn’t have the right dried fruit for the Fruit & Nut Crust so we winged it with agave & nuts. If I were more open minded I would have used dried fruit powder, the stuff that cost $30 a bag, but instead I used freeze dried fruit for $3 a bag. Oddly enough Aldi was selling bags of freeze dried strawberries for cheap. Bingo.
Can of full fat coconut milk or canned coconut cream (trader joes), bag of freeze dried fruit (or fancy fruit powder), bag of nuts, agave, cocoa powder
- I proceeded 1 cup of mixed raw nuts with an S-blade til it was nut meal. I then blended in 3 TB of cacao powder and 3 TB of agave until it turned into a sticky ball.
- I used a little more than 2/3rd of the nut mixture between 2 tartlet pans. Left overs went in the fridge.
- I poured as much of the liquid as I could (not much) and about 2/3 of the cream from a cold can of coconut cream into a blender. Warming the content could have likely helped me avoid burning out my blending.
- Add 2 TB of agave and blend. If it’s blending smoothly then carefully add 95% of the bag of freeze dried fruit to the coconut in the blender. Hopefully you can blend thoroughly without needing to add any additional liquid. It took us forever but we did it!
- Pour your strawberry creme into the crust and place your dessert in the fridge. We had left over filling which also went in the fridge.
- Take 2 TB of chocolate chips with 1 ts (or less) of coconut oil in heat them slowly on the stove or in the microwave. Mix chocolate & oil together then pour into a zip lock bag, cut the ends and decorate. Garnish with freeze dried fruit. ENJOY
For more info on this recipe watch my video below