This Asian dish idea came into my mind the day we made the Vegan Cauliflower Buffalo Wings recipe. We used store bought orange sauce but looking that the ingredients (as shown in the video) it seems likely we could make it ourselves if we had something to prove (or an apocalypse). This gets thrown together pretty quickly so get your rice going the second the veggies go the in the oven. This would be great on toothpicks as an appetizer. FANCY!
- Chop cauliflower into bite size pieces
- Make the batter: mix 1 cup of flour of choice with 1 cup of water. Add more water or flour if it’s too clumpy or too watery. Add salt to taste.
- Coat the veggies with batter and bake at 450 for 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and flip the veggies
- Put back in the oven for 10 more minutes
- Check veggies to make sure batter has hardened in the oven. They’re hot but carefully taste one to make sure it’s dried out enough. If it’s doughy/battery then bake it a couple minutes longer.
- Once done let them cool a few minutes before mixing in orange sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds. ENJOY
We used about 550 grams of cauliflower which was 1,500 mg of potassium!
For more details on this recipe watch my video below