I made fat free ranch which was inspired by the Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce. I figured ranch dressing on a BLT would take it to the max but since I didn’t toast the bread it did become a little soggy. Maybe the dressing could go between the veggie layers instead of next to the bread? The ranch wasn’t a perfect replica, it was slightly like gravy but I loved it! The bacon came out super, ultra sweet but it was also wonderfully smokey & salty. You could use less sugar, I might do that next time.
Mushroom Bacon Recipe:
- Slice 1/8th inch strips of portobella mushroom and place in large mixing bowl with 2 TB of oil
- In a smaller bowl mix 4 TB sugar (or less) with 1 ts smoked paprika, some black pepper and 1/2 ts salt
- Pour your spice blend onto the mushrooms and mix around for a while. It may take a minute for the salt from the spice blend to draw out some moisture from the mushroom. The moisture will help the spices stick so keep mixing til everything is well coated. It looks hopeless at first and then slowly comes together.
- Well oil a baking sheet and cook at 350. First side for 20 minutes then flip and bake the other side for about 20 minutes. ENJOY!
Fat Free Cauliflower Ranch Recipe:
- Chop and steam about 3 cups of cauliflower
- Once soft you will blend cauliflower with small amounts of water & juice of a lime
- Add 1/2 ts salt, 1/2 ts onion powder, 1/8 ts garlic powder to blender
- Taste to ensure you have enough flavors & salt
- Pour into bowl and add chopped parsley and black pepper. ENJOY!
For more details on this recipe watch my video below. Bacon recipe was inspired by BrokeAssGourmet.