This sloppy joe sandwich was based on THE BEST VEGAN CHILI RECIPE ever. Mark thought this sloppy joe recipe still needed tweaking but I think this was perfect. Dude, buy a bunch of veggies (shit you wished you ate more of) and make this dish. I’m so in love with this.
- Cook 1/2 cup of dried bulgur (quinoa or rice for GF)
- Chop different veggies with a knife then pulse in a food processes one type of veggie at a time till it’s ultra chopped. (Carrots, mushroom, celery, etc)
- In a large pot or skillet heat 1 TB oil and sauté chopped onion. Then add all of the veggies & cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add a can of crushed tomatoes
- Add 1 TB cumin, 3 TB chili powder, 4 TB brown sugar, 1 ts liquid smoke, juice of a lime (or vinegar) & 1-2 ts salt.
- Add the bulgur and stir everything together. Put lid on and simmer for about 20 minutes. ENJOY!
For more details on this recipe watch my video below