Having never had scalloped potatoes before it seems odd that I’m definitively calling this recipe “Vegan Scalloped Potatoes”. What would I be comparing this to? Setting that info aside all I can say is that this side dish is great. These can be taking in many different directions just by changing out the spices (Mexican spices, Indian spices, etc). I didn’t master the cooking time so you’ll need to take that into account.
- I sliced 24 oz of potatoes with the peel left on
- With a glass baking dish sprayed with cooking oil I neatly laid out the potato slices
- I boiled 1.5 cups of water and whisked in 4 TB vegan butter then 4 TB flour (you could use corn starch or arrow root), 1 ts poultry seasoning, ground pepper & veggie bouillon (butter is hella salty so I didn’t need more)
- Once thicken I poured the “gravy” over the potatoes. I moved the potato slices around trying to get gravy in between some of the potatoes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 50-70 minutes. ENJOY!
For more details on this recipe watch my video below