Yay! Now my fridge is full of breakfast dessert, yeah bitches. These are really good. Rich, sweet and filling. This makes 16 squares & are about 180 calories each. The “almond butter frosting” is fan-fucking-tastic, sweet & salty. If you cut out some items (agave & chocolate chips, frosting) and this would still be great.
- Process 1.5 cup of nuts (1 c almonds, .5 cup walnuts), 2.5 cups dried fruit (I used dried figs but dates would do), 4 TB chocolate chips, 6 TB cocoa powder
- I let everything process thoroughly then added 6 TB agave and process again till everything is sticky and holds together
- Flatten into a large square
- Make the Frosting: stir 1/4 cup almond butter with 2 TB agave & 1.5-3 TB of almond milk
- Spread the frosting on the fruit/nut cake and cut into 16 piece
- Carefully melt 50 grams chocolate chips (about 1/4 cup) with 1 ts of coconut oil then pour in a baggy and decorate the top. ENJOY!
For more details on this recipe watch my video below. This recipe was inspired by Chocolate Covered Katie.