So yesterday I made the most badass vegan chili ever. It was a ton of food so we made vegan chili cheese tots today using the leftovers which required the use of this vegan nacho cheese recipe. Damn! That plate of food was not even 500 calorizes. And this is all real food. Go buy some fancy tater tots from whole foods or some shit if you want the real deal (ours were from aldi) but tots are real food. Most vegan cheese isn’t real food but this vegan cheese sauce is so real you could make it if an apocalypse went down. This is some garden veggie cheese dip. Vegan comfort food at it’s finest and relatively low fat too! Only fat was in the tots. Holla!
MAKE CHILI FIRST:
- Cook 1/2 cup of dried bulgur (quinoa or rice for GF)
- Chop a carrot with a knife then pulse in a food processes till it’s ultra chopped. Do the same with a bunch of mushrooms. Chop 1/2 an onion, 1 clove of garlic and 1/2 a bell pepper with a knife only.
- In a large pot or skillet heat 1 TB oil and sauté all of the veggies for about 2 minutes.
- Rinse 2 cans of beans. Add beans & the bulgur to the skillet.
- Add a can of crushed tomatoes
- Add 1 TB cumin, 3 TB chili powder, 1 ts poultry seasoning, 1 ts brown sugar, dash of chili flakes & 1-2 ts salt. We added 1 ts chipotle powder for spicy & smoky flavor and a few dashes of hot sauce.
- Add a can of tomato sauce. Turn off heat, let the flavors do their thing. We garnished with sun dried tomatoes and olives (ADD THE OLIVES!)
MAKE VEGAN CHEESE SAUCE DIP (I made 1/2 this):
- Boil or Steam 2 cups of peeled potatoes & 1 cup carrots
- Put cooked veggies in blender with 1/2 cup of water. Blend!
- Add 1-2 ts salt, 1/4 ts garlic powder. 1/4 ts onion powder & 1 TB citrus juice (I just used a whole lime)
- Add either 3 TB of oil OR water. Blend!
- Add 1/2 cup nutritional flakes. Blend! Add tiny amounts of water if it’s too thick to blend.
Now bake your tater tots, assemble and ENJOY!