DUDE! This is amazing. It’s warm & hearty and cheap as fuck. This recipe made a full large skillet worth of food and I got away with only using 1 TB of oil. This recipe warmed my black heart. Go make this. It takes less than 40 minutes start to finish.
- Cook 1/2 cup of dried bulgur (quinoa or rice for GF)
- Chop a carrot with a knife then pulse in a food processes till it’s ultra chopped. Do the same with a bunch of mushrooms. Chop 1/2 an onion, 1 clove of garlic and 1/2 a bell pepper with a knife only.
- In a large pot or skillet heat 1 TB oil and sauté all of the veggies for about 2 minutes.
- Rinse 2 cans of beans. Add beans & the bulgur to the skillet.
- Add a can of crushed tomatoes
- Add 1 TB cumin, 3 TB chili powder, 1 ts poultry seasoning, 1 ts brown sugar, dash of chili flakes & 1-2 ts salt. We added 1 ts chipotle powder for spicy & smoky flavor and a few dashes of hot sauce.
- Add a can of tomato sauce. Turn off heat, let the flavors do their thing. We garnished with sun dried tomatoes and olives (ADD THE OLIVES!) ENJOY
For more details on this recipe watch my video below. This recipe was inspired by Panning The Globe.