Holy shit! This was rad and I would strongly recommend adding all the fancy toppings. While making this I tried following the hybrid version (two recipes that are listed below) that I made up in my head but then abandoned ship and it all worked out. If I minus the back tracking of my sinking ship then I’d say this could thing really didn’t too long to make. This would be great even if the toast wasn’t stuffed, the filling on top or not at all would totally be legit too.
- We sliced bread about 1.5″ thick and put a deep slit in the middle for the filling
- The batter was 2 bananas mushed with 1/2-1/3 of a cup of canned coconut milk & cinnamon
- Slice 1/4 – 1/2 cup of strawberries for the filling
- Put 1/2 cup of canned coconut milk in a pot with 1-2 teaspoons of cornstarch (or arrow root). Stir to dissolve the starch before you turn the heat on.
- Once the starch is dissolved then turn the heat up and stir. Once it boils and thickens slowly add more coconut milk to thin it out (or else it will be like jello). I haven’t mastered cornstarch thus the extra step of thinning after thickening.
- Once creamy, not too thick or thin, chill it in the fridge. One cooled down add 2 TB of sweetener (agave?) and the strawberries.
- Stuff your toast with filling then COMPLETELY coat the toast with batter. I let mine chill in the batter for a few minutes.
- Fry your toast in a skillet with oil and top with powdered sugar, pomegranates, sliced almonds & strawberries. ENJOY