Drumsticks are cheap but I’m challenged for unique and different ways to cook them. I usually avoid eggs which means I’m still in the process of mastering making fried chicken quality at home…without eggs and actually baking instead of frying. Dude, I just want some crispy egg free baked chicken. This was an attempt. While it didn’t quite meet the finish line on my goal is fair to say that we now have an alternative way to cooking drumsticks. I’ll take it!
- Thin down some yogurt with either milk, hot sauce, BBQ, water, etc (I used citrus but won’t recommend that)
- Mix thinned out yogurt with spicy herbs (cayenne, chipotle powder, etc)
- When the yogurt is thin enough to drip freely like eggs coat each piece of chicken
- Take coated chicken and roll in breadcrumbs
- Bake at 400 degrees for 50-90 minutes. ENJOY
For more details on this recipe watch my video below