This is sing to the mountains good. No joke. Fresh salsa or even pico de gallo with warm vegan cheese sauce is insane. How can I express that this is something you already want to eat. I never eat nachos so this was unexpected awesomeness. This is 100% dairy free. The cheese is low fat but could easily be made fat free. The fried tortilla chips could be switched out for something fat free (bake chips or veggies?). I know, you could bake some soft corn tortillas for a fat free option. I love this and can’t say enough good things about it.
Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce (NO SOY SAUCE NEEDED)
- Boil or Steam 2 cups of peeled potatoes & 1 cup carrots
- Put cooked veggies in blender with 1/2 cup of water. Blend!
- Add 1-2 ts salt, 1/4 ts garlic powder. 1/4 ts onion powder & 1 TB citrus juice (I just used a whole lime)
- Add either 3 TB of oil OR water. Blend!
- Add 1/2 cup nutritional flakes. Blend! Add tiny amounts of water if it’s too thick to blend.
Spicy Mango Habanero Salsa
- Chop a HUGE mango, put half in the blender and diced up the other half in a bowl
- Dice tomatoes, cilantro & onion and put those in the bowl with mango
- Blend the chopped mango with lime juice, cilantro & habanero
- Pour the blended half with the diced half to have a chunky salsa, no salt needed
Plate your nachos
- I laid out 22 chips, poured a ton of chz sauce and topped with salsa and black beans. ENJOY
For more details on this recipe watch my video below. This was inspired by a Veggie On A Penny recipe.