I’d never had bonbons even though I grew up in the 80s & 90s so I figured “what the hell” and made some. When I first saw this recipe I thought, “Oh no, too many steps”. Less is best if I want to get off my ass and complete the task. I need the starting line and the finish line within reach of one another. This is simple, you can do it!
- Pour a small amount of canned coconut milk in bowl
- Heat up the rest of the can of coconut milk on the stove
- Mix 2 TB arrow root in the bowl of coconut milk
- I added ground vanilla to the heated coconut milk (optional, you could use vanilla bean)
- 1/4 Cup sugar/sweetener to heated coconut milk (I used powdered sugar)
- Add the bowl of coconut milk/arrow root to the heated coconut milk and whisk til it thickens
- Pour in molds and freeze overnight
- Next day remove from molds to dip in chocolate
- Slowly/Carefully heat up chocolate & thin out with a little bit of coconut oil (you’ll want chocolate sauce thinned out enough to drip excess chocolate easily)
- Sprinkle chopped salted almonds on top
- Fridge and ENJOY!
For more details on this recipe watch my video below. This was inspired by a The Foodie Teen recipe.