I love Indian spices. I love potatoes and pies. I love crispy samosa cakes. These are all great things. These are not gluten free since they do have bread crumb coating but they’re no reason you couldn’t use a GF substitute. These patties fall apart so use a spatula to get them out of the skillet and onto the plate then eat with spoon or folk. Since I’ve mastered the art of veggie burgers, the art being adding lots of bread crumbs, I now know how to make these solid patties. These are vegan and delicious. You can make these pretty quick once potatoes have steamed and cooled down enough to work with. Potatoes are some of the cheapest veggies out there so get on it. I’ve made chutney a million times but since we were experimenting with living on the extra ultra cheap I fucked up my chutney by skimming on ingredients. It tasted good and I ate it with the samosa patties but the texture was fucked so I didn’t include in the video.
- Scrub or peel your pot then chop & boil
- Once cooked mash them
- Add oil, salt, spices (mustard seed, cumin, turmeric, fenugreek, coriander, garlic, onion, chili
- Mix spice with potatoes and check saltiness (more spices = more salt)
- Add peas
- Form patties, press patties into bread crumbs
- Cook in skillet with oil (baking would likely work too)
For more details of the recipe watch my video below. This recipe was inspired by Minimalist Bakers recipe.